Thursday, September 24, 2015

Shipfax unveils its defence policy

My posting on the subject of Mistral class ships for the RCN ( September 22 ) brought in several comments - both agreeing and disagreeing with my opinion - all well reasoned and all civilized. Thank you for that - they were very informative.

Nevertheless I am not publishing any of them, since most were anonymous.

Shipfax is not a forum for discussion - sorry I don't have the temperament to be a moderator, nor the time to reply to comments in any sort of timely manner. There are other places for all that.

Shipfax is a way for me to show some pictures and tell about some ships that interest me. I always welcome correction on facts and will endeavor to update posts that contain errors.

So now that I have published my defence policy, here is a picture.

HMCS Athabaskan storms out of Halifax harbour September 14 - what a great sight - and no outward indication of what a heroic job the crew and Dockyard do to keep the old jalopy running.

P.S. France has sold the two ex Russian Mistrals to Egypt. Bullet dodged.
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment