Sunday, February 2, 2020

Commentary and something new.

Just a reminder that Shipfax is a blog - a form of on line diary. I use it to post photos, cover news and make comments about shipping. I do read submitted comments and sometimes post them. Mainly I do this to correct errors.

Shipfax started as a hard copy newsletter sent to friends as a means of reducing the time I was spending writing letters (remember those?). When the internet came along I transitioned, but kept the same essential premise. Shipfax is not and never has been a discussion forum. I have neither the time nor the inclination for that type of activity.

I am sorry if readers are aggrieved if their opinions are not published in my blog. But that is the point - it is my personal log.  There are lots of other forums on social media that encourage discussion. If you disagree with any of my statements, please feel free to leave a comment. If your aim is to correct error of fact I welcome that and I make every effort to be factual. You will also have noted that I preserve the anonymity of the writer when I do so.

You should also know that due to the structure of the blog format it is not possible to reply to comments except through the blog if I chose to reply. Of course anonymous comments would not be answered in any way.

If you wish to e-mail me that is acceptable too, and I will make an attempt to reply.

Something New

Do not be surprised if I post some of my sketches or paintings from time to time. These may cover the topic better than a photo - or perhaps not!


McNally's Derrick#4 transferring gravel fill to cribs for the new pier 42 extension.

.



No comments:

Post a Comment